Thursday 12 February 2015

WIP Wednesday: It's All About the Bee

Buzz, buzz.....

This week it has all been about completing my bee commitments: both new and old.

First up I made this Stacked Windmills block for Jess as part of the Aussie Modern Instabee (an Instagram based bee, check out #aussiemoderninstabee for some delicious eye candy).













All the blocks are from the book Modern Bee: 13 Quilts to Make with Friends. And the Stacked Windmills block is by Jeni Baker. It is a very pretty block, but all those HSTs...So versatile, so very annoying to trim. My life changed when I discovered paper pieced triangles. They are super handy when you want to do lots of HSTs in the same colours. Sew, slice and done!

This was the last month of the bee so now it is time for everyone to sew up the blocks. Here are all the blocks I sent out (excuse the crappy phone photos - I sew in my garage, mainly at night).















As you can see, the Stacked Windmills block proved quite popular in our group. I'll be happy to have a break from this one ;)

Here are the blocks that I have received so far:
















Now I just need to make up some more for mine and sew it together.

I have also made these blocks for The Bee Hive Quilt Bee, hosted by Alyce over at Blossom Heart Quilts (see the button in my side bar). The Alison Glass Handcrafted ones are for me and the other one is for our February Queen Bee, Nicole.

I am going to make my blocks into a sampler quilt - I can't wait til the next installation!

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Feel free to say hi. I'll do my best to reply back - sometimes work and chasing after Moo & Bird might make me tardy.